WHAT IS IT?
The TrueNTH (“True North”) Sexual Health and Rehabilitation e-Clinic—the SHAReClinic—is a free, online healthcare clinic focused on helping you cope with the sexual side-effects of prostate cancer. The SHAReClinic is designed to offer programming to both individuals and couples.
The SHAReClinic offers:
- Personalized education and care to help you manage and restore your sexual health.
- Access to a Health Coach who can answer your questions about what to expect and what options of care are available to you.
- Continued educational and practical support over time.
- Education and guidance specific to the use of medications and devices that can support your physical recovery.
- Education and support to help you cope with the emotional and relationship aspects of the dysfunction and recovery.
HEAR FROM A CLINICIAN
WHY TRUST IT?
The SHAReClinic was designed and developed by a multi-disciplinary team of healthcare experts from across Canada to fill the gap in sexual health support that exists for patients with prostate cancer and their partners.
There are currently very few clinics in Canada that offer care specific to the sexual health needs of prostate cancer patients. The SHAReClinic is an online clinic, accessible to anyone with access to the internet. You can now attend a premier hospital clinic without the travel, parking fees, or clinic wait-times associated with hospital clinic visits.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The TrueNTH SHAReClinic is available to men living in Canada who are referred by their prostate cancer physician.
Men who are married or in a romantic relationship are highly encouraged to participate in the clinic together with their partners.
The TrueNTH SHAReClinic is for men who:
- Have received surgery or radiation therapy for their prostate cancer.
- Prefer a convenient way of receiving sexual health support from the comfort of their home.
- Want to feel empowered to receive and explore rehabilitation support at their own pace.
HEAR FROM OUR PATIENTS
HOW IT WORKS
Based on some basic information that you tell us about your current situation, the SHAReClinic will personalize your care and pair you with a sexual health coach who can support you along your recovery.
Along the way, you’ll also be encouraged to engage in interactive and educational “clinic visits” online. During your recovery, you will participate in scheduled, online clinic visits that will offer you support in a systematic approach to optimal sexual health recovery.
THIS IS WHAT YOU DO:
First, register with the TrueNTH SHAReClinic and fill in some basic info about yourself.
You’ll get an email confirmation with a link that grants you access to the SHAReClinic.
Once logged in, you’ll be paired with a personal Health Coach to guide you along your journey.
You can then explore educational content to learn about the stages of your recovery.
WHO'S BEHIND IT?
This work was awarded by Prostate Cancer Canada and is proudly funded by the Movember Foundation.